Six extraordinary personalities from Johnston County’s past will be brought back to life as the Johnston County Heritage Center stages its annual Ghost Walk in Smithfield’s historic Riverside Cemetery on Thursday, October 29.
The event begins 7 pm beside St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, located at the corner of Second and Church Streets. The cost is $3 for adults and $2 for students (grades K-12), with free admission for pre-school children. There will be no advance ticket sales, and guided tours will be conducted every five minutes or so on a first-come, first-served basis.
This year’s “ghosts” include:
- Gov. Gabriel Johnston, portrayed by Donald Ross
- Ashley Horne, portrayed by Jody McLeod
- Buddy the child millworker, portrayed by Jake Roberson
- Mary Wells, portrayed by Judy Daniels
- Ava Gardner, portrayed by Shenan Lee Higgins
- Hernando Palmer, portrayed by Major Roy C. White